The following features will be posted weekly.
1.) Mix-It-Up Mondays
- This is a food blog, but I thought it would be fun to mix it up every Monday by posting non-food related items, such as:
- An inspirational quote or song ~ I’ll write what it means to me and hopefully readers will chime in.
- Questions ~ Just random, fun, light-hearted questions.
- Movie suggestions and quick reviews of funny and/or inspiring movies.
- TV and Movies: Favorite quotes, characters, episodes.
- I just thought this would be a fun feature to post every Monday since it’s nice to just smile and/or be inspired at the start of the work-week.
2.) Thankful Thursdays
- Every Thursday I will reflect back on the week and write a post about what I am thankful for. I want to do this because sometimes it’s easy to take things for granted, to overlook all the little things that make life wonderful. I think it will be good to take some time to remember all the things I am grateful for, so that I don’t take things for granted, but instead really appreciate life and everything it has to offer. Thanks to Sharon for the inspiration!
3.) Sweat-It-Out Saturdays
- I only exercise once in a while, so I think I will make it a point to do some sort of exercise every Saturday. This will help me make sure that I have at least gotten in some sort of exercise in during the week. It won’t be anything too hard, maybe a couple push-ups, or sit-ups. But you have to start somewhere, right?!
The following are features I will post occasionally on specific days.
1.) Tuesday Treats
- I will blog about different dessert recipes I have tried. I love baking and eating sweets, but most of the recipes I have tried have not been very healthy. I have a ton of healthy dessert recipes that I would like to try, and will post the results on Tuesdays, but not every single week, just whenever I have written about the results.
2.) Wednesday Websites
- I will feature a website I love and think you would love, too. Mostly they will be photo food/exercise blogs, but once in a while I will feature recipe sites and miscellaneous sites. I will answer a set list of questions for each blog that I think will help the reader get an idea about what that blog is all about and why they should go visit that blog. These are the questions I will answer:
- 1.) What type of blog/website is this? (What category does it fall under?)
- 2.) Who is the author?
- 3.) What is the goal of the blog/website?
- 4.) What is my favorite feature?
- 5.) Are there any recipes on the blog/website?
- 6.) What makes this blog/website so unique?
- If I feature your site I will email you or comment on your blog to let you know your blog/website is a Wednesday Website. I will also provide a link to your blog on my blogroll so people can visit
3.) Thursday Tasting Plates
- A small plate featuring a variety of foods.
4.) Friday Faves
- I’ll review a cookbook, or a nutrition/health book, or some sort of food-related book. These are my favorite types of books and I just can’t read enough of them! I think it would be great to recommend new books to everyone and it would be awesome to hear reader feedback on what you thought of the books as well. I don’t know how frequently I will post a book review, but would try to do one every Friday if the feature proved popular. I hope you enjoy this feature! And please let me know if you have any books you would like me to review! Thanks!
5.) Seize-the-Moment Sundays
- I want to try and be better at seizing the moment. I’ll reflect back on the week, and if I have seized the moment, I will write about it on Sunday. By writing about it on a specific week, I’ll be able to keep track of how many times I have seized the moment that week, month.
6.) Sunday Suppers
- I’ll write about different entree/main dish recipes I have tried. I especially hope to try a bunch of different vegetarian recipes! For now, I will probably only post this feature once in a while, but eventually I would like to post one every Sunday!