Nasoya Giveaway Reminder! Plus Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Review
Hey guys! Just wanted to give a quick reminder about the Nasoya Giveaway! Up for grabs – some coupons to try Nasoya products, plus a very cool Tofu U t-shirt! Click here to enter the giveaway! Thanks!
I was lucky enough to receive some coupons to try some Nasoya products (thanks, Daria!), and made Peanut Butter Cookies with Nasoya tofu.
Peanut Butter Cookies – Recipe Review
- Again, you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry, except for the tofu.
- You can mix everything by hand. Since you are using silken tofu, it blends nicely with all the other ingredients. All you have to do is stir everything together with a spoon.
- Not very sweet – I don’t like things that are too sweet, and these cookies weren’t at all. I was actually a little surprised, since the recipe calls for a decent amount of honey (I think? I don’t think I’ve ever used honey when baking before) so I expected it to be very sweet.
- You actually can’t even taste the honey – I guess this could be a pro or a con! I wouldn’t mind if there was a little bit of a honey taste, but since I am not so used to eating things with honey, I probably wouldn’t like it if it tasted an awful lot like honey. So since it didn’t taste like honey at all, I didn’t have to worry about anything!
- It was a really stiff cookie dough. It was really hard to mix the liquid mixture with the dry – but a pro is that it works your arm muscles really well!
- The dough was really crumbly – it was hard to roll the dough without it falling apart. I found that placing a bit of dough in plastic wrap and then shaping it into a ball, rather than rolling it into a ball, helped keep the dough together better.
- When I tried to flatten the dough and form a criss-cross design with a fork, the dough would start to fall apart again. So, I kind of just held the cookie together with one hand and then flattened a little bit with the other, in order for it to hold its shape.
- Not enough of a peanut butter taste. It was kind of just barely there. I would add more peanut butter next time!
- A bit dry – I really like cookies with a moist, doughy texture, and this one was kind of dry.
- Needed a bit more flavor. Because it wasn’t very sweet and didn’t have as much of a peanut butter taste, it needed something else to make the taste stand out a bit more.
Changes for Next Time
- I would try adding an egg to the cookie dough next time. I think this would help bind everything together, making the dough less crumbly. Plus, I think it would help prevent the cookies from drying out while they bake.
- I would add some diced apple next time, as well as some chocolate chips for added flavor.
- I think this is a good base recipe, and I think it’s so interesting that you can make cookies with silken tofu! I think that is very neat! It’s also a very simple recipe, and I think with a few minor changes, the cookies will turn out perfectly!