Best snack ever – Fruit, yogurt and cereal parfait…with a twist!
Hey guys! Hope your day is off to a fabulous start!
I made the best snack ever the other day – a fruit, yogurt and cereal parfait! Now, you can make it the regular way – just throw it all together and eat it right away so the cereal is still crunchy – but I make it with a twist – I actually let the cereal sit for a bit so that it gets nice and soft! I think it makes it taste even better! But, you have to get the proportions of yogurt to cereal just right – because if you don’t, it tastes disgusting! I’ll explain how to make the parfait just right at the end of the post!
I make the parfait with Banilla yogurt, blueberries, and Post Grape-Nuts cereal:
There are also strawberries in the parfait, but you can’t really see it in the picture.
The picture doesn’t do it justice – it looked so much prettier in person! I was actually really pleased with how the parfait turned out since the layers came out so nicely and more distinct than usual.
The top of the parfait:
It looks nice but would have looked better with either an extra dollop of yogurt or some more blueberries or strawberries added to it, for extra height and dimension!
I made the above parfait for breakfast using a parfait glass, but also made it the day before in a yogurt container as a snack since I was taking it on the go. Now, you would think that the breakfast parfait would taste better than the one I made for a snack, right?! Wrong! The one I made for a snack tasted so much better! Why?
- The layers of yogurt, fruit and cereal were all of similar size, which made for a nice presentation but not a very good taste
- I let it sit for a bit so that the crunchy Grape-Nuts cereal would get all soft – bad idea
- Too much cereal and too little yogurt meant that when I ate it, the soft cereal and yogurt kind of formed a paste – yuck!
- I just threw everything into a yogurt container that came with a lid for easy transport
- Now, I had actually made this parfait the day before I made the breakfast parfait – it actually worked out better that I was using a yogurt container rather than a parfait glass because I didn’t bother making the layers all even since I wouldn’t be able to see the different layers of yogurt, fruit, and cereal anyway
- Therefore, added much more yogurt than cereal – only a thin layer of cereal
- I let the parfait sit for about 1/2 hour so the cereal could soften (actually, this wasn’t on purpose, it just worked out that way – funny how things can work out like that!)
- Success! The parfait tasted delicious because of the correct proportions of yogurt to cereal!
- The softened cereal was delicious! It was almost as if I had sprinkled Wheat Germ on the yogurt. Awesome!
Oh, how I love these fruit, yogurt and cereal parfaits! They are so healthy, filling, and just taste so delicious! They are definitely my favorite snack at the moment!
Hope you all have a great day!